Aug 3, 2012

MAC Cremesheen & Pearl Collection

*photo courtesy of MAC 

Initially I feel like these might be MAC's answer to the Revlon Lip Butters and other Lipstick Butters. It seems they are more sheer than other cremesheens and have the added essence of a subtle glitter to them. The Cremesheen glosses seem to be comparable to Buxom's Lip Cremes. 

Cremesheen's are one of my absolute favorite formulas, I love their opacity and texture. The sparkle or "pearl" here has me on the fence. If it's a creme sheen and it's a color I like I can usually order it directly from the website with out swatching first. But this particle thing has me questioning them.

Here is my breakdown and method of zeroing in on what I like:
  1. 1. I am wired for pinks. Baby pinks, bright pinks, white pinks, yellow pinks anything pink. So those go on my list first. Especially blue toned pinks.
  2. 2. I like nudes, but am very picky about their appearance.
  3. 3. I dislike sparkle.
  4. 4. I am OVER orange or anything orange-like. 

Here are the colors:
Cremesheen Lipsticks:
  • Pure Zen:Beige rose nude. (Considering it)
  • Saigon Summer: Orange with gold. (Skipping it - I am so over orange)
  • Shanghai Spice: Rose-Brown (indifferent, not really liking it, but not really disliking it)
  • Sunny Seoul: yellow-pink with white shimmers. (has my attention)
  • Coral Bliss: pink coral (Skipping it, orange-like)
  • Japanese Maple: beige nude (eh)
  • Peach Blossom: rose pink (eh)
  • Pink Pearl Pop: blue-toned pink (had me at hello)

Cremesheen Glosses:  *I will tell you right now that I am skipping all of these. I like my glosses creamy with no sparkle. I prefer the Buxom Lip Creams.
  • Double Happiness: peach-nude with champagne shimmer
  • Dynasty at Dusk: coral-pink with gold shimmer
  • Floating Lotus: medium pink with gold shimmer
  • Imperial Light: peach brown with gold shimmer
You can see the swatches on Temptalia's Website.

So for me:
Pink Pearl Pop or Sunny Seoul????

XX ~ E



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!