Feb 15, 2013

Let me brag about my V- Day!!

So what did you do for Valentine's Day?

I mean the day is mostly about what you can brag about later, right?

The flowers and chocolates that you got. The card. 
Where you ate dinner at, the kind of champagne that he ordered. 
Then there is the gift, I mean the flowers and chocolates are expected so there has to be something else. 

Honestly, Valentine's Day for me is about my loved ones and making them feel loved. 
I know, I know. NOW I share this notion with you.
Well, I did not want to spoil your V-Day with my antics. 

I am an anti-flowers, I will only eat one kind of chocolate, my husband does not believe in the notion of a card, we have two kid's so no dinner reservations at a NICE restaurant, we  have two kid's so can not wait patiently for 2 hours at a mediocre restaurant to have dinner, but I will take that glass of champagne type of person!!! 

Here is a rundown of my V-Day. 

Firstly, let me tell you that the night before my daughter and I packaged her Valentine treats for school. 18 cute little clear treat bags stuffed with a pencil, candy and a card. Signed from Eva. Tied up with a ribbon. So cute!! Did I take a picture? No. Next year.......

I took Eva to school in the morning and she was uber excited!! 
No uniforms, she got to wear a cute little Hello Kitty Valentine Tee shirt, a pair of jeans and her sparkly pink Tom's. She was loaded down with her Valentine box, which she decorated herself after I cut slit in the top. 

Then I went to work where I got to give my mom her Valentine.

I picked Eva up from school and she was loaded up with cards and candy, all of which she and her brother managed to consume before I realized what they were doing. 

From there we drove to my sister's to leave her Valentine on her porch. She was working.
Then my dad's where we left his Valentine on his doorstep. V-Day is a busy one for him. 
Then to my in-laws where my sister-n-law was checking the mail so we got to hand her and my mother-in-laws Valentine's off in person. 
Luckily all three of those houses are down the street from one another. WHEW!!

From there we went to get my dirty car washed and to pick up a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries for my hubby. 

When we finally got home I got the kids settled and changed for my workout, which I finished right as hubby was walking in the front door. 

Then I started dinner. It did not go how I planned, but in less than an hour I managed to whip up a baked brie, cheese and fruit tray, Chicken Kiev and Macaroni & Cheese. No veggie. It goes without saying that there was a salad too. Oh yeah, and instead of the wine I thought we would have there was sangria, which I whipped up with an orange that had no flavor. 

BUT my daughter had the best day ever. My son too. He went to town on some chocolates that his daddy gave him. Tasting every one and putting them back into the box. LOL! But hey, they were his chocolates in his very own heart shaped box. So cute!! 

My hubby gave me a box of those chocolates that I am so particular about. 
YUM!!!
Dark chocolate Godiva with lots of fruit filled bits and bobs. 

Did I mention that I decided to give up sweets for lent?

Yeah, I forgot to tell hubby also. 

Anyhoo, it was a great day and so much fun!! 
I would not trade in the multitude of kisses that I got from both my kiddos and my hubby for any of those things I posted on my wishlist a week ago. 

And there is a nifty little gadget set to arrive soon.
It is pink and it goes on my wrist and it is heart related!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!