Feb 13, 2013

Cobalt



I can not even begin to tell you how often I have been wearing my blue suede shoes or blue blazer.

I feel like wearing blue is something that I do at the beginning of every year, last year it was navy. There is something about the shade that I just love. Blue is a color that stands apart and it does not feel as dark as the black that I have worn all winter. It is not the pink or the red of St. Valentine's Day or the green of St. Patrick's Day. Cobalt is not even the pastel color of Easter.

My blue suede pumps are from Forever 21 and I got them on major sale.


*picture from Forever21.com, $29.80


They pair so well with everything. 

White Tee + Boyfriend Jeans + Heels


Gingham Oxford + Boyfriend Jeans + Sweater + Heels 



Moto Jeans + Button Down Blouse + Black Blazer + Heels

It is sooooo much fun to peek down at my feet and see these little bursts of color there. 



As for the cobalt Blazer, I got mine at H&M. It is a great classic style and very easily worn with everything. 
I just plan my outfit and then instead of grabbing my trusty black blazer on the way out of the house I grab this one instead. It works most of the time, of course I can not wear the pumps and the blazer at the same time. 

Boyfriend Jeans + Scarf + Blazer + Jelly Revas = casual rainy day outfit


Dressier:
Black Pants + Dressy Blouse + Black Pumps


For now, these are the only cobalt pieces in my wardrobe. 
Well, not the only ones I have two sweaters, a pair of shorts, and a pair of jeggings.
 I would love to incorporate more though and have been actively searching for a cobalt blouse and a skirt. 



Image from Express.com, Portofino Shirt $ 49.95



Also on my list is this beauty:

Image from Neiman Marcus.com, Belle du Jour Clutch, $795.00

If you are interested in incorporating blue (cobalt, bright or navy) into your wardrobe, I would suggest using it to make a statement within your outfit

1. a pair of shoes
2. a handbag or clutch
3. a blazer
4. a pair of pants, a skirt, or a pair of shorts
5. a blouse
6. a coat (this is the ultimate)

XX ~ E 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!