Aug 19, 2011

Classic Trench Coat - London Fog/Burberry

Okay, I know that it is HOT. It's been in the 100s here in Texas for a while now and it is not getting any better in the next 2 months. I always get really jealous of other parts of the US when Back to School starts and there are all those sales on Fall stuff. REALLY? Who wants to buy a coat or a jacket right now? I mean thinking about it makes me sweat.

Sweat so much that I have not been able to get something out of my mind - the classic tan Trench Coat. Classic. Elegant. Timeless.


*Burberry Trench Coat picture courtesy of net-a-porter. $1,095.

I have 3 trench coats. BUT, a classic tan Burberry trench coat will always be something on my ULTIMATE CLOSET list.  I have had one for years. It is posted inside my closet and encompasses everything that I strive to fill my closet with. From the things that I lust for to the things that I believe are just basic necessities. I am forever adjusting, tweaking, and adding to that list. The Burberry Trench Coat is one of the top items that I seek. I have read that people find theirs at a thrift shop or consignment store. WHERE? The ones here must really suck then, because it's usually just a bunch of crap. I have read that some people acquire them through eBay. REALLY? For the hiked up auction price that usually entails I could just spend an extra $50 and buy a brand new one from an actual Burberry store.

Still I crave the style factor that a classic trench gives you and I can be somewhat reasonable when it comes to fashion. So next to some of my top items are similar items or substitutions. Such as the London Fog Trench Coat.


*Photo courtesy of macys.com

My dad has had a London Fog full length coat for years. It is water resistant, has a removable liner for colder days and has worn well for him over his suits, casual clothing and serves as a raincoat. So what has kept me from diving in? It has a lot to do with my lust for the Burberry. I put that to rest today though. I ordered the one above from Macy's online and I know that I will love it. Get much use out of it, and eventually someday when the time comes to retire it hopefully I will settle up for the Burberry :)

I got mine online, it retails for $99.98, and was on sale today, combined with a $10 coupon and no sales tax.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!